Peer Support Specialist Recovery Coach
Metro Drug Coalition is the only non-profit agency in Knoxville that offers community-directed, family-driven and youth-focused strategies to prevent substance misuse. MDC works to mobilize the entire community against the misuse of alcohol and other drugs.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent communication and hospitality skills
- Amazing listening skills and soft directional/opinion skills (coaching is not a directive position)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Provides recovery coaching support services to those who wish to engage in coaching
- Reports to the Director of Recovery Support Services
- Serves as the main point of contact for recovery coaching, which demands a knowledgeable, welcoming and supportive person in recovery from a substance misuse disorder
- CPRS or other certifications within the recovery community are strongly preferred
- Is willing to become a CCAR certified recovery coach through training and implementation
- Meets daily/weekly as needed/scheduled with recoverees (persons identifying as a person seeking or who are in recovery)
- Builds trusting peer-based relationships
- Utilizes meeting time to encourage peers to continue recovery and achieve goals in both group and individual sessions
- Knowledgeable of the services and programs offered through MDC and community partners
- Assist peers with risk assessment and goal setting
- Assist other recovery coaches by sharing ideas, knowledge and resources
- Collect and report meeting data in a confidential way
- Assist with front desk duties when necessary
- Lead All Recovery meetings when necessary using All Recovery formats
- Assist Media Relations Director by sharing social media initiatives to reach target audiences
Metro Drug Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Jason Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19. No phone calls, please.