December 1, 2015 marks the fourth annual #GivingTuesday. The one-day, charitable hashtag for social media was launched in 2012 in hopes of balancing the commercialism of Black Friday and Cyber Monday with a day of generosity.
It is a global day dedicated to giving back. Communities all around the world come together to celebrate philanthropy. Not only does it kick off the giving season but it also reminds us to reflect on what we have to be thankful for.
How are you going to give back on #GivingTuesday? Here are some easy ways to mark this day of giving.
- Parents: you can find free, effective resources and tools to help deal with teen substance abuse on our website at metrodrug.org
- You can make a gift at our website to help us with our different programs we facilitate, such as SADD Chapters, Active Parenting and Grand Families: https://borndrugfreetn.com//donate/
- Reach out to someone who needs to get on the path of recovery. For more information on treatment, you can call us at (865) 588-5550 or Tennessee Redline at 1 (800) 889-9789.
- Look into volunteering opportunities by joining our drug-free community coalition! A few hours of your time each month can make a big difference in our community.
- Do something thoughtful for another person in the spirit of MDC.
Whether it is helping a neighbor or supporting a charitable organization, there are many ways to give back. Anyone, anywhere can get involved with #GivingTuesday. Whatever you decide to do for #GivingTuesday, remember to pause and reflect on the reasons we can be thankful.
MDC is thankful for your support and the difference you make in Knoxville! Your gifts today and throughout the year are helping the community you love.