Join us at the 2019 Mayors’ All4Knox Summit where we will connect numerous community sectors and design meaningful solutions to address substance misuse as one community.
Following the guidance set forth by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, a national substance misuse prevention agency, we will divide the community into sectors to design strategies for each group. The strategies the sectors create will support an overarching, communitywide plan to reverse this epidemic. The sector teams will begin their work at the 2019 Summit.
- Nonprofit and Service Organizations
- Justice Systems
- Family and Community
- Treatment, Recovery and Harm Reduction
When: August 2 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Where: University of Tennessee Student Union, 1502 Cumberland Ave.
Attendance: Open to the public
- Welcome and Introductions, Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs and City of Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero
- DEA 360 Strategy
- The Science of Addiction, Dr. Stephen Loyd, Medical Director, JourneyPure
- Background, Dr. Martha Buchanan, Director, Knox County Health Department
- Vision and Process, Karen Pershing, Executive Director, Metro Drug Coalition
- Keynote speaker, Heather Starbuck, Matt Adams Foundation
- Introduction of community sectors
- Community sector breakout sessions
- What’s next
- Networking lunch
To register for the event and learn more, visit https://www.all4knox.org
The 2019 Mayors’ All4Knox Summit is funded by the DEA 360 Strategy Knoxville